BREAKING UP....

It's that time of the year when any and all groups are having the yearly Christmas break up. Both of my writing groups have had their break ups and while it's been a whirl of great food, drinks and laughter, I've had time to reflect on how fantastic my groups are.


All of them are passionate and avid readers. Which leads to some great chats on who is reading what, highly recommended books, but also some interesting discussions on when we differ on a novel. Some people's favourites are another's ho-hums.

But that leads to the fact that there are so many different personalities in these groups. Dynamic mover and shakers as well as introverted observers. Lots of different personalities and lots of different ways of writing.


This I think is what makes a group work. It's also why I get so much from both these groups. It's understanding that everybody is so very different. In what they write, in how they write.

In how they plan or plot, or simply write blindly and hope it all comes together. Some work with pen and paper for a first draft, others will only ever use a computer.

We write plays and prose, poetry and non-fiction, short stories and novels, memoir and children's writing. It's a diverse range of styles and genres...which to me offers up inspiration time after time.


Mostly though it is the encouragement and support that keeps me going.

Every one in my group has been rejected at some time, has had a huge success, been published or won a prize. They understand the ups and downs, when life gets in the way of goals and plans.

So a huge thankyou to the members of my writing groups...


and can't wait to get back into it for 2018.

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNTITLED....

PLANNING AHEAD...

FRESH START....