SHARING THE LOVE....

At the moment I'm running a writing group for kids. It's only for five weeks but boy am I having fun. Best thing, is that the kids are too!

So far we've had a look at character, setting and plot. What the kids have produced have been so much fun. We do a lot of interactive work on the whiteboard (yes whiteboard)...with them offering up solutions to a plot problem...character descriptions....settings.

(these photos have nothing to do with the writing club but wanted to share the lovely place we went to for Mother's Day lunch....The Brass Razu bar) 

Some of the children's writing has been amazing....there was the story about Miss Vicki and the T-Rex that roamed the library (the ending was quite sad).  The time traveller who had a time machine in her bedroom. The planet with the giant spider that devours souls. Another planet that had craters that took you to different places and even different times in history.

Some of their insights so humorous. I showed them an image of a very elderly man. Wrinkles upon wrinkles...asked them to describe him. There was some great use of language until one said 'he's old, like really old. Has to be about 35.'



What I am totally enjoying is sharing my passion, my love. One of my colleagues at work said she loved hearing about the sessions as she loves hearing the excitement in my voice.

This is something you can't fake.

I'm having a great time getting them to think outside the box. To use their words and language in a strong and positive way. Switching them onto writing, which of course switches them onto books.

It's a win win situation.

Makes it even better that I'm totally loving it too!

Vicki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING AHEAD...

UNTITLED....

FRESH START....